2. The information we collect
2.1 The Valley Chamber of Commerce will collect general information about you, such as your name, address, contact details, date of birth and other relevant details when you apply for membership, join a sponsorship program or participate in other Valley Chamber of Commerce related activities. We may also collect this and other types of personal information during the course of dealing with you, for example when you wish to obtain goods or services from the Valley Chamber of Commerce and when you participate in contests and promotions or return feedback forms.
2.3 The Valley Chamber of Commerce will not collect any personal information about visitors to the website except when they knowingly provide it.
3. How we use your information
- to establish and maintain your membership of the Valley Chamber of Commerce, including providing you with newsletters, magazines, renewal notices and other information necessary to inform you of the Valley Chamber of Commerce’s activities;
- where appropriate, to establish and maintain a sponsorship relationship between you and the Valley Chamber of Commerce and to facilitate effective communication channels;
- to provide the products, services or information you have requested from the Valley Chamber of Commerce;
- to answer your inquiries;
- to register you for events, promotions or competitions;
- in accordance with the membership and partnership charters of the Valley Chamber of Commerce;
- to assist us to make the Valley Chamber of Commerce’s facilities, services and products more valuable to our members and stakeholders;
- for direct marketing of products or services and to keep you informed of new developments we believe may be of interest to you. By providing your personal information you consent to the Valley Chamber of Commerce’s confidential disclosure to related parties for this purpose. You may decline any marketing communications by advising the Valley Chamber of Commerce of your wishes by the means outlined below;
4. Access to your information
4.1 You can access the personal information that the Valley Chamber of Commerce holds about you by contacting the Valley Chamber of Commerce’s Secretary. We will provide you with access unless we are legally authorised to refuse your request. We may charge a reasonable amount for providing access. If you wish to change personal information that is out of date or inaccurate at any time please contact us.
4.2 After notice from you, we will take reasonable steps to correct any of your information that is inaccurate, incomplete or out of date.
4.3 If you wish to have your personal information deleted please let us know and we will delete that information wherever practicable. We may refuse your request to access, amend or delete your personal information in certain circumstances. If we do refuse your request, we will provide you with a reason for our decision and, in the case of amendment, we will note with your personal information that you have disputed its accuracy.
5.1 The Valley Chamber of Commerce will take reasonable steps to keep secure any personal information that we hold and to keep this information accurate and up to date. Personal information is stored in a secure server or secure files. The Internet is not generally a secure method of transmitting information. Accordingly, the Valley Chamber of Commerce cannot accept responsibility for the security of information you send to or receive from us over the Internet or for any unauthorised access or use of that information. The Valley Chamber of Commerce does, however, recognise that information will be passed via the Internet and takes all reasonable steps to minimise the risk associated with such communications.
7. Contacting us and “Opting Out” notification
7.2 Please Note: Please notify the Valley Chamber of Commerce if you do not wish to receive marketing information or do not wish to have your contact details provided to third parties for the communication of product and services information. If you do not notify the Valley Chamber of Commerce otherwise, you are deemed to have confirmed your agreement, and that of those persons you represent, to the collection and use of your personal information in accordance with this Policy.